SpacialNet allows you to stream your audio in popular formats like MP3, Windows Media (WMA) and aacPlus. MP3 is one of the oldest streaming formats, WMA works well with Windows Media Player and Microsoft Silverlight, while aacPlus provides the best sound quality at lower bitrates.
Once you’ve chosen the format you’d like to stream in, you can set up your SpacialNet encoder. To do this, open SAM Cast and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Encoders” button at the bottom.
- In the “Encoders” window, click the plus sign (“+”) to add a new encoder.
- Select the SpacialNet Encoder.
- Click “OK.”
The SpacialNet encoder window will then appear.
- In the “Service” tab, enter your SpacialNet username and password.
- Click “Login.”
- A list of active services will appear. Click the “Select” button next to the service you wish to use.
- Click “Next” to proceed to the “Encoder” tab and verify your settings.
- Click “Next” to proceed to “Station Details.”
In “Station Details”:
- Enter your radio station’s name.
- Select your station’s genre from the drop-down menu.
- Provide your website’s URL.
- Note that the “AIM,” “ICQ,” and “IRC channel” fields are optional. If you have already provided your station details under “Config” in “Station Details,” the information will already be filled in.
- Click “Next” to proceed to the “Archive” tab.
In the “Archive” tab:
- Check “Save stream to file” if you want to save a copy of your stream to your local hard drive.
Once you’ve configured all your settings, click “OK” to close the SpacialNet Encoder window.