Starting your Station
Download and Install your Radio Automation Software (SAM Broadcaster Lite, comes free with ANY of CheapestStream packages)
Starting SAM Broadcaster Lite for the first time
A ‘Welcome!’ window will appear with:
- A checkbox for ‘Add SoundFX and demo audio files’
- A checkbox for ‘Add my audio files to the media library (Recommended)’
These features are optional and can be added later once you have become familiar with the software.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Choose the directory that your music files are located in and click on ‘OK’.
At this point SAM Broadcaster LITE will add those songs to the media library. After it sorts through your music, SAM Broadcaster LITE will now be ready to start broadcasting live.
Now that you have SAM Broadcaster LITE up and running, let’s quickly set up your system settings so you can start streaming your online radio.
Configuring your Station Information for Online Radio Directories
Now that you have set-up your radio station to run with SAM Broadcaster LITE, you are ready to broadcast to the world. The thrill of entertaining people and impressing them with your music scheduling and other talents can only be explained by experiencing it! You might even become an online super-star and turn your hobby into a full-time business. Promote your radio station through one of the biggest Online Radio Directories for FREE – AudioRealm. By listing your radio station in AudioRealm you gain extra listeners from all over the world.
By signing-up and becoming part of the AudioRealm community, you get to chat to other music lovers, share your favourite stations with your friends or make new friends that share your deep passion for music. As a member you also gain access to many special areas and community features.
For you to be listed on AudioRealm, our station listing site, you need to add a few configurations in SAM Broadcaster LITE.
- At the top of SAM Broadcaster LITE, click on ‘Config’.
- Alternatively, you can click on File / Config in SAM Broadcaster LITE
- Enter Your CheapestStream.com login information in the AudioRealm area:
- Enter your Username
- Enter your Password
- Click on ‘Station Details’
- Enter your Station Details
- Click on the down arrow for ‘Short Name’
- In a few seconds the name you created on CheapestStream.com will be added. Once you are connected online, click on your Station’s Name to add the following information:
- Choose three genres that fit your station.
- Email Address (optional)
- AIM (Optional)
- ICQ # (Optional)
- Make sure ‘Show station details on AudioRealm.com’ is checked
- Click ‘OK’
How much streaming do I need? (CheapestStream has several beginners packages for you to get started)
How do I configure my CheapestStream streaming settings with my Radio Automation Software?
Note: CheapestStream.com platform only works with SAM encoders like the one in SAM Broadcaster LITE, SAM Broadcaster PLUS, SAM Broadcaster PRO & SAM Cast.
How to Set Up Your CheapestStream.com Encoder with SAM Broadcaster LITE?
You can set up your CheapestStream.com encoder. To do this, open SAM Broadcaster LITE and follow these steps:
- Click on “Desktop B” in the toolbar.
- In the “Encoders” window, click the plus sign (“+”) to add a new encoder.
- Select the CheapestStream.com encoder.
- Click “OK”
The CheapestStream.com encoder window will then appear.
- In the “Service” tab, enter your CheapestStream.com username and password you use to log in to CheapestStream.com.
- Click “Login.”
- A list of active services will appear. Click the “Select” button next to the service you wish to use.
- Click “Next”to proceed to the “Encoder” tab and verify your settings.
- Click “Next” to proceed to “Station Details.”
In “Station Details”:
- Enter your radio station’s name.
- Select your station’s genre from the drop-down menu.
- Provide your website’s URL.
- Note that the “AIM,” “ICQ,” and “IRC channel” fields are optional. If you have already provided your station details under “Configuration” in “Station Details,” the information will already be filled in.
- Click “Next” to proceed to the “Archive” tab.
In the “Archive” tab:
- Check “Save stream to file” if you want to save a copy of your stream to your local hard drive.
Once you’ve configured all your settings, click “OK” to close the CheapestStream.com Encoder window.