Setting up a statistic relay for SHOUTcast 2.0 will let you know how many listeners you have on the SHOUTcast server at any given time.
Before you start, you must retrieve server details from your SpacialNet account.
- Log into SpacialNet.
- Under “Hosting” in the left menu, click on “Stream hosting.”
- Click on “View” next to your account.
- Either leave this page open or copy it so you can use it when setting up your SHOUTcast 2.0 statistic relay.
To set up statistic relays for SHOUTcast 2.0, open SAM Broadcaster and follow these steps:
- Click on “Desktop B” in the toolbar.
- In the “Statistic Relays” window, click the plus sign (“+”) to add a new relay.
- Select “SHOUTcast statistic relay” from the list.
- Click “OK.”
The SHOUTcast 2.0 server details window will appear. In it, enter the following details:
- In the “Host” field, type your DNS name or IP address, for example, “sc6.spacialnet.com” if your stream hosting account is with SpacialNet.
- In the “Port” field, type “80″ for SHOUTcast 2.0 hosting.
- Otherwise, type the port number indicated in your SpacialNet account.
- In the “Password” field, type the password from your stream hosting account.
- Enter the SID as indicated in your stream hosting account.
- To select the “Color on graph,” click on the color box, and a color selection window will appear. In it, select the color you want to use to represent this particular statistic on your relays graph.
- We recommend leaving “Private statistic relay” unchecked, since “Public” relays get listed on AudioRealm.com.
- Click “OK.”
Your SHOUTcast 2.0 statistic relay is now configured.