To help you understand the technology behind SAM Broadcaster Cloud, we have compiled a list of some of the terminology used:
- Content - this is your music, podcasts, promos, news, voice or any other recorded audio that you wish to broadcast.
- Cloud - the process of moving operations and data from your computer to a cluster of computers hosted elsewhere to perform the actual work and storage.
- The “Cloud” basically frees you from the hassle of maintaining hardware, infrastructure or software.
- Meta-data - the information about your content, like Artist, Title, Album, Duration, etc.
- Tag - most audio files contain a Tag where the meta-data for the content is stored.
- Queue, Library, Playlists, Schedule, Library Filters - these are all internal SAM VIBE sections and objects that we will describe in more detail as the lessons progress.
- Playlist vs. Playlist file. Often we will talk about playlists and playlist files and there is a big difference. Playlist files are physical files containing a list of audio filenames. These playlist files typically have extensions like .m3u, .pls, .wsx, .mil.
- Playlists on the other hand are logical groupings of ordered content inside SAM VIBE and can be found under the Playlist tab.