The first thing you need to do is make sure you’re set up with these minimum system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB
- Disk space: 100 MB
- Sound card: Optional
- Internet: You’ll need a solid Internet connection
Ideally, your system is set up with the following:
- Operating system: Windows XP or Windows 7
- CPU: 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB
- Disk space: 100 MB + enough space for all the music files
- Sound card: Any high quality sound device; we recommend internal sound devices instead of externally connected USB devices
- Internet: ADSL, cable or direct fiber Internet connection with enough capacity to broadcast your streams to the stream hosting provider
Avoid running other tasks or processes simultaneously with SAM, including automated anti-virus scans. These could hinder SAM DJ’s real-time performance.
When you install SAM DJ, your firewall may request that you authorize SAM to open a port. If it does, make sure to allow it.
For best results, avoid using external or network-connected drives.